Asbestos Removal Visual Clearance Certificate
A clearance certificate is issued at the end of a removal to verify that the removal area is clear of visual asbestos. This certificate confirms that the hazard has been removed the area can be re-occupied.
The Occupational Health and Safety Regulations 2017 require that duty holders organise a clearance certificate for each asbestos removal when.
- More than 10m2 of non-friable asbestos is being removed.
- For all friable asbestos removals.
The regulations further require that the certificate is issued by a competent person with pre-requisite knowledge of asbestos. Furthermore, the person issuing the clearance should be independent from the removalist.
When to engage us:
- You are the manager or duty holder organising an asbestos removal.
- You are an asbestos removalist conducting an asbestos removal.
- You are unsure of the type or nature of the asbestos removal work going ahead and you would like some free advice on your responsibilities.