Asbestos Management Plans
Any building, structure or identified asbestos on a property should be included in an Asbestos Management Plan. This is a document that details the plan to prevent exposure to asbestos, reduce potential hazards and communicate asbestos procedures to staff, contractors or building users. Although not required by the regulations, WorkSafe Guidance Note Managing Asbestos in a Workplace recommends this a beneficial tool to managing asbestos risks within a workplace.
The Asbestos Management Plan will include.
- What is the plan to manage, remove or encapsulate asbestos?
- When will this be done?
- How will the plans be implemented?
- Who will be responsible for the deadlines or milestones of the plan?
When to engage us:
- If you are responsible for managing asbestos in the workplace.
- If no asbestos management plan exists for the asbestos identified onsite.
- If the management plan is due for review.
- If you are unsure of your responsibilities for managing asbestos.