Asbestos Awareness Training gives workers and supervisors the knowledge they need to identify and work safely with Asbestos or Asbestos containing material. As there is no absolute safe level of exposure to asbestos fibres and if disturbed can release dangerous fine particles of dust containing asbestos fibres.
We recommend the course for any managers, contractors, supervisors, real estate and property management staff, health & safety representatives who encounter asbestos issues in the workplace.
The purpose of awareness training is to ensure workers understand where asbestos might be found and what steps to take to stay safe.
The course content contains but is not limited to the following components.
- Asbestos use in buildings and industry
- Asbestos health hazards and disease
- Asbestos identification
- OHS Regulations 2007 part 4.3 asbestos
- Compliance Code of Practice for Managing Asbestos in the Workplace
- Sample SWMS for minor removals
- Handling and disposal
- Personal Protective Equipment PPE
- Asbestos hazard and risk control
- Asbestos Register and Management Plans
Find out more
Enquire about our Asbestos Awareness training call us on 1300 797 312 or use the following form.